Website AGnVET Services
- Play a pivotal role as a qualified Service Technician with trade experience
- Opportunity to develop and have a great impact on a growing company
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
Darling Irrigation is a recognised leading independent provider of irrigation products and services in Australia. We provide innovative, sustainable and mutually profitable water solutions. The business offers a retail network, service departments and project installations across a broad spectrum of the irrigation sector supported by 7 locations throughout NSW, VIC & TAS.
A leader in the irrigation sector, Darling Irrigation provides a diverse range of products and services that are brought to life by talented and hardworking people who are passionate about the industry. All of which makes us a rewarding employer in our field.
Darling Irrigation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the AGnVET Services Group, an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services for over 100 years to the agricultural community.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team to provide service technical advice, support and skilled labour to meet customer needs and expectations.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out installations, repairs and service work on a variety of pumps and water systems, including stock water, solar pumps, drip irrigation, centre pivots pumping and filtration stations.
- Representing the business in a professional and positive manner delivering excellent service.
- Assist with scheduling and prioritising work and managing equipment.
- Regular maintenance of the service areas, yard and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of materials used, service hours and installations.
- Operate a small excavator and other plant.
Interested? Is this You?
You will have an appropriate Trade Qualification/s in electrical, plumbing, or other relatable industry and hold relevant licences and certifications.
Other skills and experiences will include providing technical advice and support to internal and external customers and extensive service experience in the irrigation industry. You will be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge of centre pivot and other irrigation systems. You will also have good technical knowledge of automated irrigation systems with the ability to repair and service pumps and other equipment. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management, problem solving and effective interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume.
Closing Date: Friday 10 January 2020
The AGnVET Services Group thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.