Website AGnVET Services
- Excellent opportunity to join our Field Services Team
- Specialise in Broadacre Agronomy
- Competitive salary package + motor vehicle
- Located in either Forbes or West Wyalong NSW
About Life as an Agronomist at AGnVET
AGnVET Agronomists are trusted advisors on soils, plant nutrition, plant growth, insect, disease and weed management over a range of broadacre, pasture and summer cropping systems. Our dynamic team of up to 80 Agronomists work together to provide one of the best Agronomy services to supporting customers achieve successful agribusinesses.
You will join our experienced agronomists and field services team to provide growers with the latest in agricultural technology including a diverse range of crop protection products, seed, fertiliser and plant nutrition services; providing advanced agronomic advice and solutions.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Liaise with growers to establish cropping plans (utilising the Agworld platform) to support their production and services needs.
- Continue to advance our services provided to grower eg development and implementation of Precision Agriculture.
- Develop and present Agronomy strategies in conjunction with Branch managers and senior Agronomists
- Support key customer management by developing business plans for new and existing customers
- Communicate with key suppliers and develop demonstration sites.
You must be an experienced Agronomist with tertiary qualifications such as a Bachelor of Science/Agronomy. You will have strong communication and problem-solving skills, adaptable to change and have effective interpersonal skills, with a keen interest in agricultural production and technology.
We are seeking people who are passionate about agronomy and have highly developed technical, management and leadership skills. Your demonstrated business leadership will also give you an advantage.
AGnVET Services is an Australian owned leading independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services. Established in Forbes, NSW in 1915, today we have over 60 branches and 100 specialist advisors in agronomy and animal health, strategically located throughout Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania through various locally branded businesses providing local and innovative services to our clients.
What’s on offer
- A competitive salary package with fully maintained company vehicle, mobile phone, iPad and laptop.
- Ongoing training and professional development to further your career as a key member of our agronomy team.
- Attendance at the annual AGnVET agronomy conference and other relevant industry events.
AGnVET team members also receive benefits such as:
- AGnVET’s flexible work options to assist you to balance work and family life
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, providing a counselling service including financial advice
- Access to corporate rates for health insurance with Bupa.
Your application should be addressed to the Head of Agronomy, with your cover letter and resume, indicating your preferred location in NSW. You should address the criteria above (About You) in your application.