Website AGnVET Services
- Play a pivotal role in building our animal health business
- Opportunity to learn and have a great impact on a growing company
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
AGnVET Services is an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services. Established in Forbes NSW in 1915, they have over 60 branches located throughout the Eastern States and their iconic brands include AGnVET Services, IK Caldwell, Wheelhouse Group, AGnVET Rural and specialist water and irrigation business, Darling Irrigation.
A leader in agribusiness, AGnVET provides a diverse range of products and services that are brought to life by talented and hardworking people who are passionate about the agricultural industry. All of which makes AGnVET a rewarding employer in their field.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with proven customer service and animal health/nutrition sector experience.
You will be responsible for the implementation of the animal production plan in Wagga, as well as supporting other local branches including Junee, Ganmain, Henty, Culcairn and Holbrook. You will also spend customer facing time in the Wagga Branch delivering high levels of customer service to meet their needs and expectations.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Input into the development and implementation of animal production business and sales plans
- Develop and implement key customer management plans with livestock producers
- Consistently developing on farm sales opportunities
- Assist with stock control in Branch as well as forecasting for animal production product lines
- Build excellent customer relationships both on farm and in Branch
- Develop and maintain an industry and internal network
- Champion safety and compliance requirements
Interested? Is this You?
You will have tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science or equivalent (majoring in Animal Production/Nutrition), complimented by experience in Animal Health/Nutrition (preferably in an advisory capacity).
Other skills and experiences will include customer service and account management skills to develop and maintain exceptional relationships with customers and deliver sales; ability to identify opportunities for growth; have strong verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills; and effective interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness we are keen to speak to you.
The AGnVET Services Group thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.