Website AGnVET Services
- Play a pivotal role in building our agronomy field services
- Opportunity to develop and have a great impact on a growing company
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with proven experience as a senior agronomist developing and successfully executing business plans.
You will be responsible for providing area agronomy team leadership and direction to achieve strategic objectives, profitable growth as well as collaborating and aligning across the business to achieve targets. You will work with a team of agronomists and branch managers across Western Districts Victoria, travelling between Ballarat and Rokewood and other towns in the area.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Key member of the AVS/IKC agronomy leadership team
- Input into the development and implementation of area agronomy business planning; working with the Region and Branches, including Branch Managers and Agronomists
- Forecasting for products and identifying market segment opportunities
- Developing strategies to deliver improved client relationships and reviewing agronomy programs in conjunction with Branch Managers
- Development and execution of relationship plan for key suppliers
- Leading and developing an agronomy team that builds partnerships with customers and stakeholders, fostering continuous improvement and individual growth
- Developing and maintaining an industry and internal network to keep abreast of industry trends
- Drive integrity and compliance to ensure internal and external standards are met
You will have tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years’ agronomy experience.
Other skills and experiences will include demonstrated experience in developing and executing business planning activities (including measures to evaluate results); results driven with high standards for self and team members; developing and maintaining exceptional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders; have strong negotiation, influencing, verbal/written communication, problem-solving skills and effective interpersonal skills.
Ideally you will have experience in people leadership or demonstrated experience in leading others without authority.
AGnVET Services is an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services. Established in Forbes NSW in 1915, they have over 60 branches located throughout the Eastern States and their iconic brands include AGnVET Services, IK Caldwell, Wheelhouse Group, AGnVET Rural and specialist water and irrigation business, Darling Irrigation.
A leader in agribusiness, AGnVET provides a diverse range of products and services that are brought to life by talented and hardworking people who are passionate about the agricultural industry. All of which makes AGnVET a rewarding employer in their field.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume addressed to the Head of Agronomy.
The AGnVET Services Group thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.