Website Darling Irrigation
- Play a pivotal role as a qualified Service Technician with trade experience
- Opportunity to develop and have a great impact on a growing company
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
- Located in Bourke, NSW
- Relocation package offered to move to Bourke
About the Role
Are you looking for a new challenge that will give you the opportunity to travel in the Bourke region with a variety of work, whilst earning a great salary?
Travel – on farm, and to difference regions working with growers to find solutions to their technical irrigation challenges
Learn – from world leading suppliers on cutting edge technology to increase water use efficiency in Australia
Variety – work with pivot, drip, and stock water irrigation systems that support a wide range of agricultural production
Support – from a leading Australian Agricultural business with opportunities for professional advancement
Cutting Edge – the opportunity to roll your sleeves up in the field working directly with a wide variety of irrigation equipment and systems with world class technology from around the globe.
Bring your expertise in technical service and join our dynamic team to provide technical advice, support and skilled labour to meet our customers’ needs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out installations, repairs and service work on a variety of pumps and water systems, including stock water, solar pumps, drip irrigation, centre pivots pumping and filtration stations.
- Representing the business in a professional and positive manner delivering excellent service.
- Assist with scheduling and prioritising work and managing equipment.
- Regular maintenance of the service areas, yard and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of materials used, service hours and installations.
- Operate a small excavator and other plant.
You will have appropriate experience and Trade Qualification/s in electrical, plumbing, or other relatable industry will be highly regarded. Relevant licences and certifications also are essential (or the willingness and ability to obtain them).
Other skills and experiences will include providing technical advice and support to internal and external customers and extensive service experience in the irrigation industry. The ability to demonstrate good technical knowledge of centre pivot and other irrigation systems will be highly regarded. You will also have good technical knowledge of automated irrigation systems with the ability to repair and service pumps and other equipment. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management, problem solving and effective interpersonal skills.
Darling Irrigation is a recognised leading independent provider of irrigation products and services in Australia. We provide innovative, sustainable and mutually profitable water solutions. The business offers a retail network, service departments and project installations across a broad spectrum of the irrigation sector supported by 7 locations throughout NSW, VIC & TAS.
Darling Irrigation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the AGnVET Services Group, an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services for over 100 years to the agricultural community.
Work for a leading agribusiness that has a diverse range of products and services that are brought to life by talented and hardworking people who are passionate about the agricultural industry. All of which makes AGnVET a rewarding employer.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career experiences and your personalised development support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing benefits including vaccinations and discounted health insurance
- $1,500 employee referral bonuses
- Salary sacrifice to superannuation
- Paid Parental Leave
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume addressed to the Branch Manager.
The AGnVET Services Group thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.