Website Darling Irrigation
- Play a pivotal role in providing exceptional retail service to our customers
- Opportunity to develop your career in the agriculture industry
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with proven customer service skills within retail and/or warehousing environment.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Building excellent customer relationships
- General duties supporting the branch in the day-to-day operations, such as:
- In store first point of contact for retail sales and enquiries
- Receiving and storing of incoming goods
- Order processing including point of sale and invoicing
- Picking and packing of outgoing goods to customers and store transfers
- General merchandising and stock presentation
- Assisting with stock control including inventory monitoring and stocktakes
- Building technical knowledge specifically in the area of water related products
- Championing safety and compliance requirements
- Working as part of a team to achieve results as directed.
You will have experience working in a retail sales and/or warehouse environment. Ideally you will have a Cert III in Retail or Agriculture, car license and/or a Forklift license (or willingness and ability to obtain).
Irrigation industry experience is preferred as it would be advantageous to have a good knowledge of pipe types/sizes, applications, and fittings. You will be competent in making recommendations for irrigation parts and pumps for various uses such as household, dams, water transfer/bores and rivers. You will also have the ability to calculate friction loses and pump head requirements.
Other skills and experiences will include Point of Sale transactions, written and verbal communication skills, inventory/stock control, use of forklift, time management, problem solving skills and effective interpersonal skills.
Don’t have all the education or experience above? Don’t let that stop you from applying as your passion to work in the agricultural industry and for Darling Irrigation could just be what you need to get that foot in the door.
Darling Irrigation is a recognised leading independent provider of irrigation products and services in Australia. We provide innovative, sustainable and mutually profitable water solutions. The business offers a retail network, service departments and project installations across a broad spectrum of the irrigation sector supported by 8 locations throughout NSW, VIC & TAS.
Darling Irrigation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the AGnVET Services Group, an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services for over 100 years to the agricultural community.
Work for a leading agribusiness that has a diverse range of products and services that are brought to life by talented and hardworking people who are passionate about the agricultural industry. All of which makes AGnVET a rewarding employer.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career experiences and your personalised development support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing benefits including vaccinations and discounted health insurance
- $1,500 employee referral bonuses
- Salary sacrifice to superannuation
- Paid Parental Leave
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness, we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume addressed to the Branch Manager.
The AGnVET Services Group thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.