Website I K Caldwell
- Casual trap scout needed to maintain and monitor insect traps
- Assist field technicians on site in various locations
- Work 2-3 days a week during the horticulture season
- Manual driver licence required
I K Caldwell is a part of AGnVET Services Group, an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services. Established in Forbes NSW in 1915, they have over 60 branches located throughout the Eastern States and their iconic brands include AGnVET Services, IK Caldwell, Wheelhouse Group, AGnVET Rural and specialist water and irrigation business, Darling Irrigation.
I K Caldwell services clients across a considerable area with branches in Ballarat, Cobram, Corowa, Deniliquin, Moama, Rochester and Shepparton. We deliver a range of agronomic and service packages extensively throughout the Goulburn Valley, Northern Victoria and Southern Riverina regions.
Our extensive agronomic team deliver a range of services for broadacre, horticulture, viticulture, fodder, rice and summer crop production across these regions. These include on farm advice on pest, disease and weed management, crop inspections, farm planning and recommending in-crop nutrition requirements.
Our diverse range of products and services are brought to life by talented and hardworking people who are passionate about the agricultural industry, all of which makes AGnVET Services a rewarding employer in our field.
About the Role
I K Caldwell is seeking a person on a casual basis to maintain and monitor orchard insect traps in the Cobram district for approximately 2 to 3 days per week, for the horticulture season. The position would suit a person who enjoys working outdoors.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Conduct monitoring of horticultural traps in an accurate and timely manner and ensure that data is collected in the prescribed format and time frame.
- Maintain traps as required. This includes refilling and/or changing of trap components when necessary.
- Report to the agronomic and Technical Services team any unusual observations made whilst gathering in crop data/samples.
Ideally you will have:
- A strong desire to work outdoors in a range of crops – fruit trees, tomatoes and broadacre.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work within a team orientated environment and as an individual.
- Computer skills – Excel and Outlook.
- Manual driver licence.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume.
Closing Date: 18 October 2020
The I K Caldwell thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Due to the current situation with Coronavirus, I K Caldwell will offer video or phone interviewing to candidates contacted for interview.