Website AGnVET Services
- Play a pivotal role in providing advanced agronomic advice and solutions
- Opportunity to develop and have a great impact on a growing company
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with demonstrated ability to develop agronomy business plans and strong relationships with customers.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide advanced agronomic advice and solutions to Viticulture customers and others where directed.
- Develop and execute agronomy business and key customer management plans in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Identification of new client/existing client growth opportunities
- Actively participate in a collaborative team to meet and exceed shared objectives
- Develop and maintain an industry and internal network as well as keeping abreast of current trends.
You will be motivated, results driven, willing to learn and with a keen interest in agricultural production and technology, minimum 5 years’ experience as an agronomist with a Bachelor of Ag Science or equivalent. Ideally you will be experienced in and passionate about Viticulture. Additional experience in other perennial and/or annual crops would be favourable but not necessary.
Demonstrated skills in building strong relationships both internally and externally, strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills, and intermediate Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel & PowerPoint + AgWorld (or similar platform).
You will work with a team of experienced agronomists and branch/store teams to provide growers with the latest in agricultural technology including a diverse range of crop protection products, seed, fertiliser and plant nutrition services.
AGnVET Services Group, is an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services. Established in Forbes NSW in 1915, they have over 60 branches located throughout the Eastern States and their iconic brands include AGnVET Services, IK Caldwell, Wheelhouse Group, AGnVET Rural and specialist water and irrigation business, Darling Irrigation.
Our extensive agronomic team deliver a range of services for broadacre, horticulture, viticulture, fodder, rice and summer crop production across these regions. These include on farm advice on pest, disease and weed management, crop inspections, farm planning and recommending in-crop nutrition requirements.
Our diverse range of products and services are brought to life by talented and hardworking people who are passionate about the agricultural industry, all of which makes AGnVET Services a rewarding employer in our field.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume.
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
AGnVET Services thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.