Website Darling Irrigation
Darling Irrigation is a recognised leading independent provider of watering, pumping and irrigation solutions in Australia by providing innovative, sustainable and mutually profitable water solutions for our customers. The business offers a retail network, service departments and project installations across a broad spectrum of the irrigation sector.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team in Bourke. While living in Bourke would be preferred it is not essential if resident in the area between Dubbo and Bourke
You will be responsible for servicing, installing and repairing pumps with other general duties assisting in the day to day operations of the Bourke business.
- Carrying out repairs and service work on a variety of pumps and water systems
- Representing in a professional and positive manner delivering excellent service
- Assist with scheduling and prioritising work using Smartsheet
- Regular maintenance of equipment
- Maintain accurate records of service and installations
- Operate a small excavator
Key Selection criteria:
- Technical knowledge of small electric and solar pump systems including setups in bores, rivers and dams.
- Ability to service and repair pumps with a good mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of automated garden sprinkler systems
- Ability to show initiative and problem solve efficiently
- Available to work in remote areas and be away from home during the week
- Demonstrated capability to work autonomously and self-motivate
- Committed and demonstrated practice in ensuring all WH&S, Environmental and Quality objectives are achieved
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members and clients
- Previous experience in maintenance or technical service roles (preferably in similar industry)
Manual motor vehicle licence is essential and forklift license would be advantageous
What’s in it for You?
- Competitive salary, negotiated based on industry knowledge, skills and experience
- Working in a strong rural sector-based business
- Training will be provided, and career advancement is supported
- Great working environment in a growing privately run independent business
- Immediate start
This is a great opportunity for the right person to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future.
If this sounds like you, please apply now with your cover letter (addressing the selection criteria).
Written applications are closing on Friday 31st January 2019, please apply online.
For further information please call Branch Manager, Matthew Pitt on 0438 918 033
*All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence
*Only successful potential candidates will be contacted
*Strictly no agencies please