Website Darling Irrigation
- Play a pivotal role as a qualified Service Technician with electrical or auto electrical trade experience
- Opportunity to develop and have a great impact on a growing company
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
- Competitive base salary + motor vehicle + mobile phone
About the Role
Bring your expertise in technical service and join our dynamic team to provide technical advice, support and skilled labour to meet our customers’ needs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out installations, repairs and service work on a variety of pumps and water systems, including stock water, solar pumps, drip irrigation, centre pivots, telemetry, control, pumping and filtration stations.
- Installation, maintenance and diagnostics of pivots, laterals and telemetry systems
- Representing the business in a professional and positive manner delivering excellent service.
- Assist with scheduling and prioritising work and managing equipment.
- Regular maintenance of the service areas, yard and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of materials used, service hours and installations.
- Operate a small excavator and other plant.
You will have an appropriate Trade Qualification/s in electrical, auto electrical, plumbing, mechanical or other relatable industry and hold relevant licences and certifications.
Other skills and experiences will include providing technical advice and support to internal and external customers and extensive service experience in the irrigation industry. You will be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge of centre pivot and other irrigation systems. You will also have good technical knowledge of automated irrigation systems with the ability to repair and service pumps and other equipment. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management, problem solving and effective interpersonal skills.
Darling Irrigation is a recognised leading independent provider of irrigation products and services in Australia. We provide innovative, sustainable and mutually profitable water solutions. The business offers a retail network, service departments and project installations across a broad spectrum of the irrigation sector supported by 7 locations throughout NSW, VIC & TAS.
Darling Irrigation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the AGnVET Services Group, an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services for over 100 years to the agricultural community.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume.
Closing Date: 30 November 2020
The AGnVET Services Group thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.