Website Darling Irrigation
- Play a pivotal role as a qualified Service Technician with electrical or auto electrical trade experience
- Opportunity to develop and have a great impact on a growing company
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
- Competitive base salary + motor vehicle + mobile phone
About the Role
Bring your expertise in technical service and join our dynamic team to provide technical advice, support and skilled labour to meet our customers’ needs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out installations, repairs and service work on a variety of pumps and water systems, including stock water, solar pumps, drip irrigation, centre pivots, telemetry, control, pumping and filtration stations.
- Installation, maintenance and diagnostics of pivots, laterals and telemetry systems
- Representing the business in a professional and positive manner delivering excellent service.
- Assist with scheduling and prioritising work and managing equipment.
- Regular maintenance of the service areas, yard and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of materials used, service hours and installations.
- Operate a small excavator and other plant.
You will have an appropriate Trade Qualification/s in electrical, plumbing, mechanical or other relatable industry and hold relevant licences and certifications. To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge of centre pivot and other irrigation systems.
- Technical knowledge of a range of pumps and control systems.
- Ability to service and repair pumps/equipment with a good mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of automated irrigation systems
- An ability to show initiative and problem solve effectively.
- Willing to work in remote areas and be away from home during the week
- The ability to represent the brand in a positive light through professional service.
- Willingness to be an integral part of the team and work autonomously when required
- A passion for customer service and enjoy interacting with people
- Committed to ensuring all WHS, Environmental and Quality issues are achieved
- Ability to work effectively in both a team and individual environments.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience in the industry.
Darling Irrigation is a recognised leading independent provider of irrigation products and services in Australia. We provide innovative, sustainable and mutually profitable water solutions. The business offers a retail network, service departments and project installations across a broad spectrum of the irrigation sector supported by 7 locations throughout NSW, VIC & TAS.
Darling Irrigation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the AGnVET Services Group, an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services for over 100 years to the agricultural community.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this role sounds of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume addressed to the Service Manager.
Closing Date: 31 March 2021
The AGnVET Services Group thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Due to the current situation with Coronavirus, AGnVET will offer video or phone interviewing to candidates contacted for interview.