Website Darling Irrigation
- Opportunity to learn and have a great impact on a growing company
- Complete a Certificate III in Irrigation while you earn
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is interested in learning on-the-job and completing a Certificate III in Irrigation over 2 years. Successful candidates will also be considered for ongoing employment after the traineeship, in the area of Retail Sales and Service (Irrigation).
- Demonstrated interest in Irrigation and technical service particularly in the Agricultural industry
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to serve customers with commitment to service excellence
- Ability to work within a team and follow instructions
- Ability to undertake manual labour required for installation of irrigation parts e.g. digging trenches, lifting and laying pipes, using hand tools
- Completion of Higher School Certificate or TAFE Certificate would be a distinct advantage
- Current driver license is essential
- Willingness to learn how to operate a small excavator and other plant
- Ability to obtain a Forklift license and to undertake studies at TAFE or similar training organisation.
During your traineeship you will be employed by Darling Irrigation whilst learning on-the-job and completing the Certificate III in Irrigation. You will be released to attend training in blocks throughout the year. You will receive ongoing mentoring and support to maximise your career development over the 2 years of your traineeship.
As a trainee in Irrigation Sales & Service your main responsibilities will include:
- General duties supporting the branch in the day-to-day operations, such as:
- Assisting branch staff with retail sales and enquiries
- Assisting clients with water product related enquiries, directing service and project enquiries
- Assisting service team to carry out installations, repairs and service work on a variety of pumps and water systems, including stock water, solar pumps, drip irrigation, centre pivots, telemetry, control, pumping and filtration stations.
- Representing the business in a professional and positive manner delivering excellent service.
- As directed, assisting with regular maintenance of the service areas, yard and equipment.
- As directed, maintaining accurate records of materials used, service hours and installations.
- Championing safety and compliance requirements
- Working as part of a team to achieve results as directed.
Darling Irrigation is a recognised leading independent provider of irrigation products and services in Australia. We provide innovative, sustainable and mutually profitable water solutions. The business offers a retail network, service departments and project installations across a broad spectrum of the irrigation sector supported by 7 locations throughout NSW, VIC & TAS.
Darling Irrigation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the AGnVET Services Group, an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services for over 100 years to the agricultural community.
This is a great opportunity to start your career in Irrigation Sales & Service and obtain a recognised technical qualification, as well as join a dynamic company that has a long history and exciting future. If this opportunity is of interest to you and you want to work with a leading Australian independent agribusiness, we are keen to speak to you.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume addressed to the Branch Manager.
The AGnVET Services Group thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.