Website I K Caldwell
- Play a pivotal role in providing exceptional retail service to our customers
- Opportunity to learn and have a great impact on a growing company
- Work at one of Australia’s leaders in Agribusiness
- Located in Deniliquin, NSW
I K Caldwell is a part of AGnVET Services Group, an Australian owned independent agribusiness, providing rural supplies and services. Established in Forbes NSW in 1915, they have over 60 branches located throughout the Eastern States and their iconic brands include AGnVET Services, IK Caldwell, Wheelhouse Group, AGnVET Rural and specialist water and irrigation business, Darling Irrigation.
I K Caldwell services clients across a considerable area with branches in Ballarat, Cobram, Corowa, Deniliquin, Moama, Rochester and Shepparton. We deliver a range of agronomic and service packages extensively throughout the Goulburn Valley, Northern Victoria and Southern Riverina regions.
Our extensive agronomic team deliver a range of services for broadacre, horticulture, viticulture, fodder, rice and summer crop production across these regions. These include on farm advice on pest, disease and weed management, crop inspections, farm planning and recommending in-crop nutrition requirements.
Our diverse range of products and services are brought to life by talented and hardworking people who are passionate about the agricultural industry, all of which makes AGnVET Services a rewarding employer in our field.
About the Role
Due to growth in the business I K Caldwell is seeking to employ someone who can help look after our customers as they visit the store. Duties will include serving customers, answering the phone, receive in goods, make up orders and where required deliver product on farm.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- In store point of contact for retail sales and enquiries
- Receiving and storing of incoming goods including agricultural chemicals, animal health products, general merchandise and fertilisers
- Order processing including point of sale and invoicing
- Picking and packing of outgoing goods to customers and store transfers
- Assist with stock control including inventory monitoring and stocktakes
- Build excellent customer relationships
- Champion safety and compliance requirements
- General duties supporting the branch in the day to day operations.
Interested? Is this You?
You will have experience working in a retail sales and/or warehouse environment. Ideally you will have a forklift license, driver licence and MR truck license (preferred) and prior experience in sales or a customer service role. You should be fit enough to be able to lift 20L drums or bags on to utes or trailers.
Other skills and experiences will include Point of Sale transactions, written and verbal communication skills, inventory/stock control, use of forklift, time management, problem solving skills and effective interpersonal skills.
Don’t have all the education or experience above? Don’t let that stop you from applying as your passion to work in the agricultural industry and for I K Caldwell could just be what you need to get that foot in the door.
If you have experience in a customer service role, or have worked as a storeperson/delivery driver, preferably in the rural sector and would like a new challenge then please submit your application with your cover letter and resume.
Closing Date: 11 October 2020
I K Caldwell thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Due to the current situation with Coronavirus, AGnVET will offer video or phone interviewing to candidates contacted for interview.